Potomac Communications Group (PCG) is looking for a confident and energetic Project Specialist/Project Coordinator to support client work across our diverse client base. This position works closely with multiple account leads. Candidates should be prepared to support varied projects including media engagement, research, writing, graphics and video production as well as logistics support for events, annual meetings and press conferences.
PCG hires curious people who are good teammates and offers a fast-paced and often virtual workplace. Applicants should be interested in learning the details about highly technical challenges and in producing plain language summaries of complex topics. Strong writing skills are critical, and the interview process will include a writing test. Experience dealing with issues in energy, infrastructure, science or technology is considered a plus.
- Media Engagement: Previous experience developing media lists, drafting content for traditional media and social channels, pitching media and assembling daily clip reports
- Writing: Knowledge of AP Style; ability to write press releases, media pitches, op-eds, bylined articles and online content
- Research: Ability to research complex topics in support of communications planning
- Event Support: Understanding of logistics requirements to support events such as press conferences, annual meetings, etc.
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience in communications and/or related fields, including research, marketing, media and publishing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Solid grasp of basic PR tools and communication fundamentals
- Comfortable with Office 365, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Candidate must be detail-oriented, yet able to juggle multiple and often changing clients, projects and deadlines. Ideal candidate should also have a personal drive to succeed and a commitment to producing quality work.
PCG offers great growth potential; a competitive salary and performance-based bonus; a paid benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, and 401k matching; generous vacation and maternity/paternity leave; life and disability insurance; healthcare flexible spending account; corporate smartphone; parking/metro transit subsidy; and telework days.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume, two writing samples and a cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please tell us about the unique contributions you can add to our team and client work.