Potomac Communications Group (PCG) is looking for a driven and client-focused Intern to support work across our diverse client base. This position works closely with multiple senior project coordinators and account leads. Candidates should be prepared to support varied projects including media engagement, business-development, research, writing, graphics and video production as well as planning and logistics support for events, annual meetings and press conferences.
PCG hires curious people who are good teammates and offers a fast-paced and often virtual workplace. Applicants should be interested in learning the details about highly technical challenges and in producing plain language summaries of complex topics. Strong writing skills are critical, and the interview process will include a writing test. Experience dealing with issues in energy, infrastructure, science or technology is considered a plus.
PCG interns will support marketing and advertising campaigns through social media and web-channels; plan and execute annual events; oversee records of existing clients for internal communications; and assist staff to support client services in building stakeholder and media relationships, developing and updating website content, crafting concepts with our in-house graphics department, and supporting other tasks as assigned.
Successful candidates should have:
- Must be enrolled in, or be a recent post-graduate from, an accredited college or university
- Interest in public relations or communications
- Superb verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with a detailed commitment to quality and ability to overcome obstacles
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with multimedia editing and use of content management systems for social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to be creative and think outside of the box
Candidate must be detail-oriented, yet able to juggle multiple and often changing clients, projects and deadlines. Ideal candidate should also have a personal drive to succeed and a commitment to producing quality work.
PCG internships offer competitive pay rates and part-time scheduling Tuesday—Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume, two writing samples and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us about the unique contributions you can add to our team and client work.